On 18 July laboratos created within the framework of the «mega-grant» program presented their scientific results to aerospace companies. The event was a part of the business program at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS 2017.
Round table «Leading scientists for aerospace industry» has been organized with support from the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia. It was aimed at demonstratin results of implementing the program ant to help to bring those results to real life production. Since 2010 laboratories created as a part of the program have achieved numerous breakthrough scienitic results that have been published in the world's leading scientific journal – Nature, Science, and others.
Achieved research results can significantly enhance Russian industrial sector including aerospace industry. This is why the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia pays special attention to building efficient communication between science and business. Speaking of importance of the Program, Alexander Gaifullin, member of the Grant Council of the Government of Russia, doctor of physical and mathermatical sciences, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, emphasized: «The mega-grant program solves a whole range of key problems Russian science is facing today. Firstly, over the last seven years we have actively attracted young people to big science - undergraduate and postgraduate students now have an opportunity to conduct world-class level research. Secondly, the program unites fundamental and applied scientists and leads scientists to conducting research projects ordered by industrial companies, which can help laboratories to reach self-sufficiency».
The round table featured keynotes devoted to numerical modeling of aerodynamical oricesses and experimental methods of researching prospective construction materials, development and applications of materials with new qualities, innovational quality control methods.
In their speeches scientists also addressed their research directions, usage of unique equipment to solve problems of the real sector of economy. They also shared results of their research and successful experience in implementing project.
The presented results aroused lively interest from representatives of industrial companies, resulting in numerous questions concerning practical aspects of implementation of new technologies, modeling manufacturing processes, resources supply.
The following organizations hosting laboratories have took part in the event:
- National University of Science and Technology MISiS
- Saint Petersburg State University
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Institute of Macromolecular Compounds of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Moscow Power Engineering Institute
- Tomsk Polytechnic University
- Kazan National Research Technical University named after A.N.Tupolev - KAI
- National Research Tomsk State University
- Peter the Great Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University
- State National Research Polytechnical University of Perm
- Bryansk State Technical University
- Zhukovsky Central AeroHydrodynamic Institute (TsAGI)
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University
Aerospace companies that participated in the event included:
- Information Satellite Systems – Reshetnev Company
- Shvabe Holding
- Lavochkin Research and Production Association
- Progress Arsenyev Aviation Company
- Irkut Corporation
- United Engine Corporation
This round table was the first event in a series of thematic meetings of «mega-grant» scientists and representatives of leading enterprise companies of Russia. Dialog between science and business will be continued at the Internationa Military and Technological Forum «ARMY-2017» in August and at the Annual National Exhibition «VUZPROMEXPO-2017» in December.
The event has been organised by «Inconsult K» LLC (Directorate of the «mega-grant» program) in collaboration with Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute TsAGI.